1. Remember that children can only be as happy as their least happy parent.
2. Remember that the greatest gift that any parent can give is the right and the ability to love the other parent, unconditionally.
3. Remember that children listen to what you say and watch what you do. If you would be embarrassed to have your interaction with the other parent to be on Facebook or YouTube where your friends and business colleagues would see it, why are your children seeing it?
4. Remember that it is not all about you. Perhaps the other parent got distracted by something and had to get gas and just forgot to call. Don’t assume that being late was all to hurt you or interrupt your day or to shown disdain or disrespect for you.
5. Remember the Golden Rule and treat the other parent the way that you would like to be treated. Instead of jumping to conclusions and throwing ill-founded accusations, step back and ask the simple questions: what happened? What’s going on? What can I do?