So you have to testify in Court: what you need to know
1. Make sure you heard the question before you answer it.
2. Make sure you understood the question before you answer it.
3. Answer the question that was actually asked, not the one that you wish had been asked or think should have been asked. The lawyer who brought you to court will make certain that you say what needs to be said. Don’t volunteer. If you don’t know the answer, say so.
4. If anyone else in the courtroom starts talking, you stop talking. Do not start again until the Judge gives you permission to do so.
5. Tell the truth. Period. Lying under oath is a crime.