St. Louis Adoption
Adoption is one of the greatest gifts that you can give a child, and it is also extremely rewarding to you as a new parent. There is excitement and anticipation in welcoming this new addition to your family. Parenthood is a life-changing endeavor that takes extensive attention and preparation.
If this is your first St. Louis adoption, you may not be aware of the amount of paperwork and legal processes involved when adopting a child in the state of Missouri. If this is not your first adoption, you have already experienced firsthand how difficult and expensive the process can be if you try to do it alone.
The Carson Law Firm has helped a number of couples and individuals in St. Louis plan for adoption. We know that you have enough to do in preparation for your child’s arrival, without having to worry about meeting deadlines and filling out paperwork. We work with adoptive parents to navigate the legal process of adoption, giving you more time to focus on the priorities in your life- providing a loving home for your new child.
We’ve included the following information to help you navigate the adoption process.
St. Louis Adoption and Foster Licensing Requirements
Missouri has the following requirements to adopt or foster a child:
- You must age 21 or greater
- Have good physical and mental health
- Complete a child abuse and neglect check and criminal record check including fingerprints
- Possess stable income
- Live in an apartment, condominium or home that meets licensing standards
- Participate in and complete a free training and assessment program
- Communicate and act as a part of a team willing to voice perspectives and concerns
- Willingness to partner with the child’s family
- Your relationship status can be single or married, with or without children in your home.
St. Louis Adoption Agencies
You can find the St. Louis adoption social services office for your county by going here.
Please contact us to help you start the adoption process.