5 Things You Can Do TODAY to Improve Your Credit Score After Your Divorce:
1. Make sure pull your credit report so you know where you stand. Don’t go to websites like FreeCreditReport.com. Go see Bob Raaf at 1st Equity Funding Group— (314) 872-290 – he will pull your credit report for free.
2. Ask your parents to add you as an authorized user on their credit cards. This will give your credit score an immediate boost.
3. Apply for credit cards with a modest limit ($500-$1000). Use them once, pay them off, and set them aside. Gas credit cards don’t count but store charge cards do.
4. When you apply for a new credit card, don’t get greedy. If you ask for too big of a line of credit you will be rejected and rejection hurts.
5. Never cancel a credit card—this will only hurt your credit score. Keep your lines of credit open and your credit cards paid down. The more credit available to you that you do not use, the higher your credit score.