Facebook is one of the most user-friendly social networking sites, also making it one of the most popular. Millions of people use facebook every day. It is used by a wide range of age groups so you can target a much larger market than other sites. As you look to expanding into facebook for your marketing, let your personal profile be just that-personal. When it comes to your business, take the time to create a business page: it’s free!
- Go to facebook.com.
- Don’t log in yet! At the bottom of the page, select the option in blue “Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business.”
- In the white box to the right, select the options that best describe your business.
- In the field next to “Page name”, create a name for your page: be sure that it identifies you or your business so others can find you easily.
- Check the box confirming you are the representative for this organization.
- Click “Create Offical Page”.
- You will be transferred to a page where you are required to sign in or create a new facebook profile (this will be your personal profile, not a profile for your business).
- Your page has been created. You’re not done yet! Follow their simple instructions to upload a picture and provide contact information to make your facebook business page relevant.
- Don’t forget to spread the news: select the button on the page for your business to “suggest to friends” and “import contacts”