1. Go to the exact link for the webpage you want to tweet about. Copy the link.
2. Go to http://bit.ly/ Sign in using a username and password. It takes literally seconds to sign up.
3. Paste your link in the blue box at the top center of the page that says “Shorten your links and share from here”.
4. Click the “shorten” button. Copy and paste the new shortened link it has created in the blue box.
5. Go to twitter.com
6. Sign in to your twitter account (the button is at the top right of the page).
7. Once you are signed in, click on the image at the top right that looks like a square with a pencil. (as you hold your mouse over the image, the words “New Tweet” should pop up).
8. A box will appear for you to type in your “tweet” (your message). The bottom of the box will count the number of letters you have remaining (out of 140). Be sure to paste the link with your message describing what you are linking to.
9. Click the “Tweet” button at the bottom of the box and you’re done!