St. Louis Divorce Attorney
Call Us (314) 721-2422

(314) 721-2422

Think your child might want to take a “gap year”? Better address it in court!

It has become increasingly common for children to take a “gap year” between high school and college or other post high school education. If divorcing or never married parents going through court action do not address that possibility and expressly waive the statutory requirements of enrollment by October 1 following graduation from high school in an institution of higher education and the other requirements in Section 452.340(5) of the Missouri Revised statutes.


To read a piece where the author discusses her experience in AmeriCorps some programs accept high school graduates, please follow this link:   :