You’ve Been in an Accident: 5 Reasons NOT to Talk to the Adjustor
1. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You may make a mistake, or even admit to some possible criminal wrongdoing.
2. If your attorney talks to the adjustor, nothing he says can be used in court.
3. The insurance adjustor is not your friend. He wants to help his boss, the insurance company and not you.
4. The insurance adjustor wants to pin you down before you even know if you are hurt. It may take days – or even weeks – for the extent of your injuries, if any, to be known.
5. Your attorney will see that you are fully and fairly compensated for your injuries (and any damage to your property) or your attorney doesn’t generally get paid. Most attorneys will handle the property portion of your claim without pay.
Tim Hogan has practiced law in Missouri for more than 20 years. Tim Hogan worked to stop greedy insurance companies from stripping away consumers’ rights when injured by unsafe products. Mr. Hogan has handled cases all over and in some 30 Missouri Courts for his clients. Mr. Hogan has handled thousands of traffic tickets, traffic violations and other criminal cases in Missouri’s courts as an attorney. Mr. Hogan has tried over 50 cases to juries in state and federal courts.
Mr. Hogan has tried cases in local, state and Missouri and Illinois federal courts, appealed cases to the Missouri Court of Appeals and Missouri Supreme Court, the federal appeals court in Chicago and the US Supreme Court. Mr. Hogan has successfully sued car lenders and sellers, careless drivers, landlords, property owners and others for injuries his clients have suffered through no fault of their own.
Mr. Hogan has tried, heard motions on, and appealed cases involving orders of protection, divorce, child custody and support and paternity in St. Louis City and County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County, and in Franklin County.
Mr. Hogan lives and has his offices in St. Louis County.